03 Apr Job Opening: Director of Development, Africa
MEC is hiring a Director of Development for its East Africa program. The position is based out of Nairobi, Kenya and reports to CEO MicroEnergy Credits.
About MicroEnergy Credits
MicroEnergy Credits is a social enterprise that enables greater access to clean energy for poor people around the world by tapping the carbon market to expand access to capital. By helping financial institutions (FIs) provide microloans for clean energy technologies, those in the greatest need can purchase solar lighting for their home or business and smoke-free stoves for their kitchens. With microfinance, clean energy technologies become more affordable than wood or fossil fuels while offering a cleaner, safer and more efficient energy source. More than 3.2 million people have already adopted clean energy because of MEC’s financing program in Asia, Africa and Mongolia.
- Funding and Grants Management:
- Develop partnerships with national/regional/international institutions
- Spearhead donor collaboration, fund raising and project development.
- Undertake local and international fundraising initiatives to strengthen program funding and sustainability.
- Develop a fundraising strategy that includes yearly targets to meet the costs of the current and future programs;
- Develop annual work plans based on the approved strategy and prepare income and expenditure budgets for each fundraising initiative;
- Organize regular fundraising events/activities in the region.
- Ensure that fundraising activities are in line with the organization’s goal and that communication materials are in consistent style that reflect the values of the organization.
- Conduct research into trusts, foundations, companies and high net worth individuals and prepare proposals and applications for donors whose philanthropic or funding criteria match the organization’s activities;
- Ensure timely, appropriate and quality communication to all donors;
- Strategy Development and Implementation: Leads in the development and implementation of programs and services that are in line with the overall strategic plan of MicroEnergy Credits new venture and the context in the country/region. Facilitates the alignment of area programs to strategic priorities and accountability mechanisms provided in company’s programming framework. Leads, directs and mentors the country staff in line with the organizational strategy.
- Program Development, Management, and Evaluation:Leads in the development of the new initiatives by MicroEnergy Credits. Oversees and coordinates the new initiatives at the highest level of project quality and accountability, while fostering continuity through building and developing local capacity.
- Qualified Leader: Represents MicroEnergy Credits new Initiative in the assigned countries and manages relations and interests of MEC in dealing with government, international and local organizations, networks and media in the program areas. Develops and strengthens relationships with local organizations and networks and establishes national and regional strategic relations and alliances with partners working in common cause with objectives of MicroEnergy Credits.
Desired Candidate Profile:
Fund Raising, develop a fundraising strategy, Ensure that fundraising activities, donor relationships, funding proposals. Reporting to the MicroEnergy Credits CEO, you will be responsible for:
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and management and fund raising & sponsorship;
- Knowledge of proposal preparation, events management and major donors;
- Skills in writing funding proposals for a range of donors including governmental and institutional;
- Ability to manage multiple donor relationships
- Ability to work independently and use discretion in confidential matters relating to donors.
- Proven exceptional written and verbal communication skills Fluency in written, oral and presentation/ communication skills in English.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Around 7-10 years of experience, mostly in Investor relations and Fund Raising.
How to Apply:
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Regional Development Director.”
Applications must be received before April 15, 2018.