08 Mar Job Opening: Carbon Officer – Mumbai
Role: Carbon Officer
Dated: February 04, 2019
Reports to: Sr. Carbon Operations Manager or Director of Climate and Sustainability
Location: Mumbai, India
About MicroEnergy Credits
- Founded in 2007, MicroEnergy Credits (MEC) is a social enterprise based in Mumbai, India. Since it’s inception, MEC’s mission has been to facilitate access to clean energy for underprivileged people around the world by providing a link between microfinance and the carbon markets. To achieve this mission, MEC works closely with microfinance institutions (MFIs). We assist MFIs in providing microloans for clean energy technologies like solar lighting systems, energy efficient cookstoves and water purification systems to households across India. We believe that with financing clean energy technologies become more affordable than wood or fossil fuels while offering a cleaner, safer and more efficient energy source. More than 3 million people have already adopted clean energy as a result of MEC’s financing program in Asia and Africa.
MEC is a fast- moving, innovative team which leverages global trends to achieve it’s goals.
What the role offers?
- an opportunity to work in the field at the forefront of clean energy and carbon industry.
- an opportunity to gain first hand experience by interacting with partners and product end-users by regular visits paning across multiple states in India.
- a chance to be part of a fast-paced, supportive, and efficient carbon team
What will be some of your responsibilities?
- Assist in planning field visits to monitor the implementation of project
- Assist in preparing reports based on visits for the on-time issuance of carbon credits accrued by MEC partner institutions.
- Collaborate with other Carbon Team members on logistics for carbon monitoring and verification auditor site visits.
- Assist in data analysis for carbon monetization.
- Assist the Data Manager in improving and using MEC’s Credit Tracker software.
What you should have to succeed at this role?
- Basic understanding/willingness to learn about carbon credits, carbon markets, and clean energy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Polished MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access skill sets. Other data analysis tools a bonus.
- Ability to work in a decentralized, global team.
- Open to travel to rural areas of India for carrying out field monitorings.
- A team player, and a self starter.
- Bachelors degree in science, environment, economics, social works (open to all streams).
- Knowledge of other other Indian languages besides Hindi will be a plus.
Carbon Officer will be compensated commensurate with experience and relevant skills. All work travel and expenses are covered.
How to Apply:
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line as “Application – Kolkata Carbon Officer”.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. An only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview no follow up emails will be solicited.