06 Feb Job Opening: Technical Officer, Climate and Sustainability
Role: Technical Officer, Climate and Sustainability
Dated: January 21, 2018
Reports to: Global Manager and Technical Director of Climate and Sustainability
Location: India (Flexible)
About MicroEnergy Credits
Founded in 2007 MicroEnergy Credits (MEC) is a social enterprise. Since it’s inception till date MEC’s
mission has been to facilitate access to clean energy for underprivileged people around the world by
tapping the carbon market and expand access to capital. To achieve this mission, MEC closely works
with microfinance institutions (MFIs), Banks and product manufacturers. We assist MFIs/Banks in
providing microloans for clean energy technologies like solar lighting systems, energy efficient
cookstoves, Energy efficient space heating with insulation and zero energy based water purification
systems to households across India, Africa and Mongolia. We believe with financing, clean energy
technologies become more affordable than wood or fossil fuels while offering a cleaner, safer and more
efficient energy source. More than 3 million people have already adopted clean energy as a result of
MEC’s financing program in Asia and Africa.
MEC has a fast- moving, innovative team which leverages global trends to achieve their goals.
What the role offers?
• An opportunity to work in the field at the forefront of clean energy and carbon industry.
• An opportunity to work on Technical documentation and procedures of various carbon market
mechanisms including Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).
• An opportunity to gin first hand experience by interacting with partners and product end-users by
regular visits panning across multiple states in India and an option to travel to Africa/Mongolia
based on requirement.
• A chance to be part of a fast-paced, supportive and very efficient team Carbon Technical Team
What will be some of your responsibilities?
• Assist in preparation of excel calculation sheets for registration/issuance of carbon credits under
various market mechanisms mainly Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).
• Assist in planning field visits to monitor the implementation of project
• Collaborate with other Carbon operations Team members on logistics for carbon monitoring and
verification auditor site visits.
• Assist in data analysis for carbon monetization.
• Maintain the work log and calendar of Technical Team.
What you should have to succeed at this role?
• Polished MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, other data analysis tools a bonus.
• Ability to work in a decentralized, global team;
• Basic understanding/ willingness to learn about carbon credits, carbon markets, and clean energy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Open to travel to rural areas of India for carrying out field monitoring
• A team player, and a self starter
• Any degree with advanced MS Excel skills
• Knowledge of other other Indian languages besides Hindi will be a plus
Technical Officer will be compensated commensurate with experience and relevant skills. All work
travel and expenses are covered.
How to Apply:
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as
“Application – Technical Officer, Climate and Sustainability”.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. An only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an
interview no follow up emails will be solicited.