20 Jan Microfinance Clean Energy Fellowship
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
COMPENSATION: Living stipend, health insurance
How to Apply
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Manager.” Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- The MEC Fellowship role is a rare opportunity to work in the field at the forefront of clean energy, microfinance, and the mobile industry.
- As a MEC Fellow you will be exposed to MEC’s clean energy operations at the global headquarters in Mumbai as well as on site throughout rural areas in India.
- You will design and implement pilots using newly available technologies such as mobile payments, PayGo solar and smart phone-based video content.
- You will track and monitor the impact of technology pilots on scale and efficiency of MEC’s operations.
- You will have the opportunity to create and foster relationships with leaders in the fast-growing India start up space
- You will be exposed to and work closely with leaders in clean energy, finance, and payments industries.
- Project Design and Implementation:
- Collaborate with the MEC team to create solutions to improve outreach, rural marketing, last-mile delivery, data collection, and clean energy awareness
- Leverage growing trends and advancements in finance, mobile phones, mobile money, digitization, and social media to better reach Indian households with clean energy technologies
- Stakeholder relations:
- Microfinance institutions
- Clean energy manufacturers and distributors
- Government agencies
- Mobile industry
- Social media
- Strong knowledge of finance, clean energy, social enterprise, internet and mobile phone technology
- At least 2 years of experience in finance or strategy consulting
- Microfinance experience a plus
- Regional knowledge of Africa, India, or South Asia
- At least 1 year experience living in a developing country
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Polished Word, PowerPoint and Excel skill sets
- Ability to work in a decentralized, global team
- Demonstrated self starter, problem solver, team player, and social mission-oriented
MEC Program Managers will receive a living stipend which will enable them to live comfortably. The primary benefit of the Program Manager position is the opportunity to gain valuable field experience while building a record of concrete accomplishment in the field of microfinance and clean energy. Program Managers will be able to see a lasting and scalable social impact as a result of their six-month commitment. Program Managers will also build a network of relationships with future leaders at the nexus of microfinance, clean technology, and social finance. Program Managers will be eligible for consideration for future employment at MEC.
About MicroEnergy Credits
MicroEnergy Credits is a social enterprise that enables greater access to clean energy for poor people around the world by tapping the carbon market to expand access to capital. By helping microfinance institutions (MFIs) provide microloans for clean energy technologies, those in the greatest need can purchase solar lighting for their home or business and smoke-free stoves for their kitchens. With financing, clean energy technologies become more affordable than wood or fossil fuels while offering a cleaner, safer and more efficient energy source. More than 3 million people have already adopted clean energy as a result of MEC’s financing program in Asia and Africa.
MEC is a fast-moving, innovative team which leverages global trends and advancements in mobile platforms, mobile money, social media, and technology to streamline financial, product delivery, and after sales operations.